|There are 141 guests and 0 registered users on-line.|
Welcome to Hittin' the Web With Mark May
Greetings friends, family and music lovers!
Mark May here, on behalf of the band and myself, I’d like to welcome you to our website. We're happy to continue to be part of the Hittin' the Web family.
I’d like to announce that our new cd "Deep Dark Demon" on Gulf Coast Records is out and available for pre-sale and will be officially released July 17th. You can get your copy by clicking this link or coming out to one of our live shows.
It is also available for download and streaming on Apple Music, Amazon Music, Spotify and iTunes: Stream or Download
Hope to see you all soon!
Keep on rockin' the blues,
Mark May 2022 Tour Schedule|
- 12 (Fri) - GREEN OAKS TAVERN - 211 East Main Street,Humble, Texas, 281-570-4344
- 13 (Sat) - GILHOOLEY'S - 222 9th Street,San Leon, Texas
- 14 (Sun) - DRUNKEN MONKEYZ - 202 20th St,Galveston, Texas, 409-443-5533
- 19 (Fri) - KATY'S - 315 Grand Ave.,Bacliff, Texas, 281-559-3773
- 20 (Sat) - ROSEVILLE BEER GARDEN - 14540 Cypress Rosehill Rd,Cypress, Texas, (281) 213-4347
- 24 (Wed) - TEWBELEAUX'S - 18321 W Lake Houston Pkwy,Atascocita, Texas, 713-684-3100
- 26 (Fri) - BOHEMIAN HILL TAVERN - 2339 1st Street ,Rosenberg, Texas, 281-232-8143
- 27 (Sat) - SPORTIN' WOODY'S SPORTS BAR - 16949 N. Eldridge Parkway,Tomball, Texas, 281-251-8004
- 28 (Sun) - KATIE'S BAR SUNDAY JAM - 315 Grand Ave,Bacliff, Texas, 281-559-3773
- 02 (Fri) - THE BURGER RANCH - 16702 House & Hahl Rd,Cypress, Texas, 832-881-9080
- 03 (Sat) - RED, WHITE AND BAYOU FESTIVAL - 4512 Hwy 3,Dickenson, Texas
- 03 (Sat) - THE PLAYGROUND PATIO BAR - 2325 Strand St,Galveston, Texas
- 04 (Sun) - THE HAWG STOP BAR& GRILL - 25774 Hwy 321,Houston, Texas
- 09 (Fri) - RE:HAB BAR ON THE BAYOU - 1658 Enid Street,Houston, Texas, 712-225-1668
- 10 (Sat) - THE BIG EASY - 5731 Kirby Dr.,Houston, Texas, 713-523-9999
- 11 (Sun) - EVERYBODY'S FAVORITE BBQ AND HOT SAUCE FEST - 4100 Blair Oaks Drive, The Colony,The Colony, Texas
- 17 (Sat) - MARK MAY WITH JIMMY WARREN AT THE RED SHED - 6607 N. K 67,Hutchinson, Kansas
- 23 (Fri) - THE CHANTILLY ROOM - 2420 S. Broadway Street ,La Porte, Texas, 281-471-5201
- 24 (Sat) - SAINT BERNARD'S PUB - 3907 Canal St,Houston, Texas, (713) 842-7133
- 25 (Sun) - KATIE'S BAR SUNDAY JAM - 315 Grand Ave,Bacliff, Texas, 281-559-3773
- 30 (Fri) - EVERYBODY'S FAVORITE BBQ AND HOT SAUCE FEST DISCOVERY GREEN - Discovery Green 1500 McKinney Street Houston,Houston, Texas, 713-400-7336
Have a look at Mark's calendar for additional details. For booking information call: 713.542.5483
||Mark May Reviews|
|"When I heard the first CD, Call on the Blues, I was blown away! Mark is one of the best blues-rock artists to come along in years. With great singing/song-writing and guitar playing, he reminds me of everyone from Albert Collins to Stevie Ray to Carlos Santana. Hell, I even heard a couple of my licks in there!" DICKEY BETTS|
"Mark May's gutsy tone, feisty pull-off licks and ground-glass vocals invite comparison to any number of Texas bluesmen. But the twin guitar leads, wah rhythm spanks, and occasional burst of fusionesque melodic complexity that pepper his second release Telephone Road, Houston, TX, make May something much more than just another traditionalist." GUITAR PLAYER MAGAZINE
"Mark May's Telephone Road had me so captivated that it almost didn't get reviewed in Blues Revue-I was holding it hostage in my car! May is a lead guitarist with a Southern-Fried sound and jazzy technique that expands beyond the workday blues, this 12-song disc bursts with tons of musical talent." BLUES REVUE MAGAZINE
"Mark plunges into an Albert Collins song called 'Lights Are On But Nobody's Home'. Just when you think this sweet and powerful rendition of the blues song has been interpreted as well as is possible, Mark slides in with a lead that not only blew me away, he brought the feel to a level that quite frankly probably transcends what anyone could do with it." REAL BLUES MAGAZINE
“Let’s agree that if Dickey Betts calls you out to be his right hand man, you must be doing something right. We caught up with Mark fresh from the van after having played five gigs in three days, on his way to – where else? The next show.” – Riverhorse the ToneQuest Report
|Posted by markmay on May 02, 2012 - 11:24 AM (14602 Reads)|
Comments? Topic: All Topics
||Radio Play 2012|
|“Equal part blues man and southern rocker, Mark has just released his fifth disc entitled “Release My Soul”, his most ambitious and stylistically diverse project to date. Eleven original tracks that showcase his talent to pen strong melodic songs, featuring warm confident vocals and stinging guitar work and instrumentation. If you dig your blues with an attitude, you owe it to yourself to check this one out.” |
The Blues Hound, 90.1 FM KPFT Houston
“Mark May is far and away one of the most talented and passionate bluesmen I’ve ever had the pleasure to listen to. His songs work their way into your very soul…in a way that makes you feel naughty for liking them so much. His licks are like narcotic…you simply can’t wait for that next hit.”
Sue Leighton, Program Director QFM96… Host of “Blue Monday”
|Posted by markmay on May 02, 2012 - 11:19 AM (12970 Reads)|
Comments? Topic: All Topics
||Mark May 2012|
Release My Soul, the 5th cd from Mark May (former guitarist and vocalist for Dickey Betts and Great Southern), is jam-packed with traditional blues, blues-rock and soulful ballads.
Perfecting his craft playing rough and tumble biker bars and blues clubs in Houston, Texas for over 20 years, Mark recently returned to his hometown, Columbus, Ohio, where he performed in nightclubs before his 15th birthday. His astonishing live shows featuring dynamic twin leads and dual harmony guitar work are the perfect complement to Mark’s smooth vocals.
The Mark May Band has performed at Telluride Blues and Brews, Mississippi Valley Blues Fest, King Biscuit, Tremblant International Blues Festival, Dallas International Guitar Show, Chenango Blues Festival, Lone Star Rally, Dogs on Hawgs, Houston International Festival, and in addition, was opening act for Allman Brothers Amphitheater Tour.
Mark currently gets heavy rotation on Sirius/XM and Sonic Tap radio. He has been featured in Blues Review, Guitar Player, Guitar World, Vintage Guitar, Tone Quest and other major publications.
|Posted by markmay on May 02, 2012 - 11:03 AM (14114 Reads)|
1 Comment Topic: All Topics
||Musical salute and tribute to the life of Clyde Butch Dempsey to benefit Clyde's children|
|Please join us in our Musical salute and tribute to the life of Clyde Butch Dempsey to benefit Clyde's children. Sunday, September 26, 2010, 3 pm to 10 pm at the Continental Club, 3700 Main St (@ Alabama), Houston, TX 77002|
|Posted by drummergirl on Sep 07, 2010 - 12:47 PM (14197 Reads)|
Topic: All Topics
||Clyde Dempsey's Service|
|Clyde Dempsey's service will be held on Saturday, July 10th at 2:00 pm at Seabrook United Methodist Church located at 3300 Lakeside Drive, Seabrook, TX|
|Posted by drummergirl on Jul 05, 2010 - 03:29 PM (14240 Reads)|
Topic: All Topics
Mark was the 1999 Houston Press Musician of the Year.